Bacon and cheese in a bowl.
My family loves pasta. The other night we were all craving spaghetti (Jovial for me, regular for them). We were out of pasta sauce but had plenty of bacon, eggs, and parm lying around.
The result? Yummy pasta cabonara.
It's a simple dish for me, I use three eggs, a package of bacon (or whatever is left over), salt, pepper, parm, and pasta.
- cook the bacon, chop, set aside
- cook the pasta, drain, but save about 1/2 cup to a cup of the drained pasta water
- separate two egg whites from the yolk and combine with the remaining egg and yolk
- add some minced garlic to the 3 eggs and whisk
- add the eggy mix to the pasta water and stir into the cooked pasta
- top with bacon, salt, pepper, and parm.